To celebrate the new year, we’ve decided to look back at what was an awesome year on the podcast front.
We’re both proud and grateful for the fact that cumulatively, the wonderful sales enablement community listened to our Sales Enablement Innovation podcast for nearly 1,500 hours!
Whether you were listening in August (our busiest month), soaking up the sun and enablement insights, or during the colder winter months, we’re thankful to you for listening!
We’ve got big plans for 2023, so here’s a collection of our best from 2022 to hold you over.
Get your headphones on! 👇🎧
“Diverse teams outperform the competition” | Melanie Walter
Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) are so important in today’s world - but did you know just how much having true DEIB in your sales organization can positively affect results? With 2023 gearing up to be a year full of challenges for enablement, maximizing your efforts is key.
This episode with sales enabler and DEIB expert Melanie Walter dives into:
- How a sales background can add credibility and empathy to your enablement efforts.
- How Melanie actually defines the term ‘enablement’, and why a holistic approach is beneficial.
- The human and business impact of a workplace that incorporates diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
“Drive data on how enablement impacts the business” | Petek Hawkins
Managing data and demonstrating value - two ever-present challenges for sales enablement professionals and something that the experienced Petek Hawkins has dealt with throughout her career.
This episode looks at:
- The challenges you can face as you work to build up and establish an enablement department.
- Why sales enablement can’t hold the customer’s hand throughout their entire buying journey.
- Why you need to show enablement’s value in every interaction in order to get internal buy-in.
- How going back to basics could bring enablement to the next level.
“Sales enablement is, in simplistic terms, all about efficiency” | Mark Leff
Mark Leff has a rich history in sales enablement, and on the podcast he shared his learnings on a number of critical areas of the function, including stakeholder collaboration and more.
The episode examines:
- How enablement needs to be the ‘voice of the salespeople’ in order to drive efficiency.
- What Mark sees as the framework for sales enablement - the key pillars that lead to a successful sales enablement function.
- How Mark has managed to have great relationships with important stakeholders, and how that buy-in helped.
- Increasing effectiveness and engagement when it comes to training, and why training needs to be ongoing.
“Don’t forget that sales is about people” | Marie Brunet
Leadership skills are often what separates a good sales enabler from a great one. Marie Brunet has years of sales leadership experience and was kind enough to spend some time on the podcast to talk about a range of topics.
In this episode, we discussed:
- Her journey from engineering, to sales, to sales leadership.
- Moving from Facebook to a startup environment at Uniphore.
- Why women remain underrepresented in sales.
“We’re the ones that keep things moving forward” | Nikki Schanzer
Sales enablement’s rapid growth in the past few years has meant it can be an ever changing, fast-paced landscape that can be tricky to navigate. That’s why it’s important to listen to the experiences of people like Nikki Schanzer, who’s been there and done that in sales enablement.
This episode looked at:
- How enabling presale teams is different to working with postsale teams, and the challenges that come with it.
- Building short-term enablement programs while still keeping long-term scale in mind.
- How to actually define enablement success through metrics.
- The revelations that come from working in a fast-paced enablement environment.
That’s not all!
Our regular Sales Enablement Innovation podcast wasn’t the only auditory goodness you could tune into in 2022.
The Conversation Intelligence Podcast is a mini-series created in collaboration with Allego that examined the power of CI in sales enablement!
Here’s a short clip from our most popular episode, featuring Owain Williams. 👇
Want to catch the full episode, and highlights from each of the 5 episodes? You’ll find them all here.
What’s coming up in 2023?
We’ve got big plans in 2023 - more podcast episodes and more ways to enjoy them - so stay tuned.
Think you know a little something about sales enablement and want to be a guest? Just reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or get in touch through our Slack channel.
We hope you’re ready for a brand new year of awesome sales enablement content. 💪🔥
Join 5,000+ of your sales enablement peers in our growing Slack community! Network, share ideas, ask questions, and more today.