Create messaging that compels action. Clearly articulate your product's value. Capture your market's attention.
Messaging is about WAY more than just reeling off a bunch of awesome features and benefits.
It’s about the internal and external perception of your product, strategic guidance for sales and marketing, and laying the foundation for lucrative lead conversion through cohesive content and communication.
In this course, you’ll become a messaging magician with:
- 📙 6 modules
- 📝 80+ exam questions
- ⏰ 4 hours’ of content
- 🔖 Official certification
- 👨🏼💻 100% self-paced
Product messaging is how we communicate a product’s value to potential customers, and is crucial to any product marketing strategy.
However, it’s very easy to get wrong.
The common misconception is that it’s about just listing the awesome features and benefits of a product.
When actually, it’s about the internal and external perception of your product, strategic guidance for sales and marketing, and laying the foundation for lucrative lead conversion through cohesive content and communication.
Messaging Certified: Masters has been designed to equip you with the tools and knowledge to address all these essential messaging aspects - and more.
Messaging isn't created in isolation. It pulls in multiple skills from multiple departments, which is why this course is created with product marketers, product managers, customer success - and more, in mind.
Built in partnership with our sister-community, Product Marketing Alliance, it covers everything you and your cross-collaborative colleagues need to excel in every area of this essential business skill.
'Another home run from SEC! This is a perfect course that explains how to do messaging in detail, with priceless input on common pitfalls. To quote Bryony, 'if you don’t take ownership over the message your product is sending, other people will.'
- Igor Kranjčec, Head of Marketing at Mediatoolkit
By the end of this course you'll:
- ✅ Know how to build foundations for solid messaging and customer engagement.
- ✅ Be able to get maximum impact from your messaging frameworks.
- ✅ Be a pro at drafting, layering, and reviewing your messaging.
- ✅ Understand how to work more effectively with copywriters.
- ✅ Know how to validate your messaging with prospects and customers.
- ✅ Understand message synching and why it matters.
…and that’s just the TIP of the iceberg! 🥶
What's included when I enroll?
- 👨🏼💻 6 insightful modules.
- 🎥 4 hours’ of content, including bonus footage from key experts.
- 🔥 Fireside chats with experienced messaging experts from the likes of Amazon Web Services and Remote.
- 👌 Lifelong access to the course footage - plus any future updates.
- ✅ 80+ exam questions throughout to consolidate your learning.
- 🧠 Facility to ask text-based questions throughout, all of which are answered by a sales enablement leader.
- 🔖 Official certification if you pass all the exams.
Learn from the best.
On top of that, you have the opportunity to learn from the absolute best of the best in the industry through fascinating fireside chats and bonus footage, including:
- Div Manickam, Mentor, Author, and Product Marketing Influence
- James Doman-Pipe, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Remote
- Holly Watson, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Amazon Web Services
Don't worry, we do team rates, too.
If you're looking to get a team of three or more PMMs certified, then speak to Tom about team rates on firstname.lastname@example.org.
P.s. If you need help convincing your boss, we've done the hard part for you here.
This course will help you:
- ✅ Understand the impact messaging has on your business.
- ✅ Learn how to gather and consolidate your research into messaging that packs a punch.
- ✅ Build effective objectives and draft key messages.
- ✅ Learn how to test, iterate, and refine product messaging.
- ✅ Know how to get an entire organization to understand and adopt your product’s messaging.
- ✅ Understand how to keep engagement high from both internal and external sources.
Meet your instructor, Bryony Pearce
Bryony’s the CMO here at SEC and if you’re a regular around here, you’ll recognize her from our reports, articles, podcasts, courses, ebooks... In fact, there aren’t many pies she hasn’t got a finger in. 🥧
How, you might wonder, has Bryony come by such enviable pearls of wisdom? Well, it’s all thanks to the powerhouses surrounding her who continue to offer their tireless support to the SEC cause.
Bryony’s worked with experts from leading global brands like Google, Dropbox, TikTok, and Amazon (just to name a few) to churn out game-changing content you ain’t gonna find anywhere else. She’s chomping at the bit to add this certification to the list.
"Excellent course. The content is well organized and focused on practical situations."
-Iman Bayatra, Head of Product Marketing at Coachendo
Q: Who’s this course for?
A: This course is for sales enablement professionals who understand what messaging is, but want to dive deeper into the more refined, up-to-date methods of how to get the most out of the strategy. It’s also very beneficial for those who haven’t undertaken a messaging exercise in some time, and need a refresher. Or, for those who want to position themselves for growth within their career.
Either way, this course will help you on the road to success and become a messaging magician.
Q: How does the course work?
A: The course is 100% online and entirely self-paced. Once you enroll, you’ll work through the modules in chronological order and be invited to take part in activities. At the end of each module, you’ll be presented with mandatory exam questions and if you pass all these, you’ll become Messaging Certified!
Q: How long will the course take to complete?
A: The course content, activities, and exams will take approximately five hours to complete.
Q: What happens if I don’t pass the exams?
A: If you fail the first time around you'll be given the option to retake the exam. If you fail the second attempt, unfortunately, it means you won’t get the certificate. However, all’s not lost, you’ll have still learned LOTS and you’ll be given access to the course materials for life - so you can brush up on the bits you slipped up on forevermore.
Q: How long will I have access to the course content?
A: For life! One, one-off payment gives you unlimited access to all the course’s content.